MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - When did these players begin their decline in your opinon

View Single Post

Old 03-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #40
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When did these players begin their decline in your opinon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Are you telling us his movement & footwork (the pillars of his greatness) are even better at 30 than say at 25/26?
Nope. I said no such thing. Try reading again and you'll get there eventually.

Quote:
Winning no name tournaments in the last six months does not make this Roger EQUAL or BETTER than 2006/2007 Roger.
I'm not looking at tournament wins. I'm looking at his play and his competition. He is playing every bit as well as he ever has. Of course I don't expect everyone to agree, since there is nothing Roger could possibly do at this point to convince you that he is playing at a peak level right now. He could dominate for the next 5 years and I have no doubt people would rattle on about him still being 5% slower or some other unprovable bullshit.

And since when are the TMC and (probably) IW 'no name tournaments'? I can't abide posters who act as though there are only 4 tournaments that matter. If you truly believe that, fuck off and watch some other sport for the other 40 or so weeks.

Quote:
Go back and watch the old vids and see what Roger could do on court because quite clearly you have forgotten.
Unlike MTF generally, I actually have a long term memory. I've seen Roger at his best and his worst. Rewatching old matches that I have seen multiple times won't change my opinion.