MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - A very warm welcome to the newest top 10 player: John Isner

View Single Post

Old 03-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #58
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A very warm welcome to the newest top 10 player: John Isner

Isner is the tallest (and maybe heaviest) top10 player ever i reckon? Anyway I think he's showing a path for the future here where big giants can become an antidote to the defensive grinders. Slow courts actually benefits giants. They get more time for their swings and movement which doesn't make them useless in the return game and in baseline rallies. Still the power and strength allows them to hit through the court. The serve and especially the 2nd serve are still prime weapons, especially when the bounce is high. A guy like Isner really can get wicked kick in his serves turning them almost unreturnable.

I really look forward the potential damage he could do during clay season. Who knows with a better draw than last time maybe he could go deep in RG too.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote