MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Frederico Gil

Thread: Frederico Gil
View Single Post

Old 03-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #67
country flag Gil&becker

Gil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frederico Gil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Given withdrawals, retirements and players who will also falling back in the rankings, Fred will probably need to be around #105 to make the French Open. To do that, he'll need somewhere between 100-150 points the next 1.5 months. It's doable, especially if he can qualify and win a match in Monte Carlo, qualify in Miami, and go deep in Casablanca. Pressure is on and we'll see how Fred handles it.
Fred won't play Casablanca. My guess is that he prefers to play Monte Carlo, Bucharest and Estoril in a row, and decided to rest the week before this series, and also reajust to clay, since he will come from more than one month playing hard-court, also in DC).
But, for now, is IW MD, a doable first round, and impossible second round, so maximum just over 30 points here. Then, strong DallasCH and Miami (a slight chance of direct entrance to main draw). Then, Davis Cup (no points) and the three clay tournaments I refered to. From IW to Monte Carlo (ony four tournaments), he would need about 180 points, so unless a miracle happens (like Monte Carlo last year), he's into qualifying at RG. And the Olympics are just an impossible dream now... He just left too much to do, due to the results in February.
But, I also believe that he can do well for the rest of the season (has been playing well at hard-courts, which is new and very much appreciated). The problem seems to be still on his mind (nothing else could justify his results in South America after another loss agains Chardy in Bueno Aires, since he was playing so well previously to that match). Needs to put that second part of last season definitively over his back.
Go Gil!
Gil&becker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote