MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 1994 WIMBLEDON ("FAST GRASS") vs. 2011 WIMBLEDON ("SLOW GRASS"): INTERESTING RESULTS

View Single Post

Old 03-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #63
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994 WIMBLEDON ("FAST GRASS") vs. 2011 WIMBLEDON ("SLOW GRASS"): INTERESTING RESU

Quote:
Originally Posted by romismak View Post
It´s tragedy to watch baseline tennis on fast grass with bad bounces. I would prefer Llodra-Stepanek there, or Tsonga-Federer from top guys. That match with Tomic wasn´t nothing great to watch, because they both slice a lot and bounce was bad and low, so if you want to play rallies with slices all the time is boring.
I thought it was a great match actually.
Really showed off how brilliant Federer's footwork is.

The point I was making was not that serve stats won't improve - of course they will. My point was that the tennis does not become serve dominated. Sure if Karlovic plays on it, he's got a better chance of winning, but for the rest, it's not like suddenly Rafa will become Ivanisevic.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote