MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - There is no finish line...

View Single Post

Old 03-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #142
country flag ApproachShot

ApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There is no finish line...

I thought it would be interesting to mention that Roger’s first round win over Llodra in Dubai featured the 75th occasion in which he dished out a bagel at the main tour level.

His win in the final is the 5th time he was won in Dubai and it is the 6th tournament at which he has at least 5 victories (the others being the 6 World Tour Finals titles, 6 Wimbledon titles, 5 US Open titles, 5 Basel titles and 5 Halle titles).

The match against Murray was his 102nd final, and the straight sets win gave him his 72nd title and 50th on a hard court (52nd outdoors).

I’ve noted from Pipsy’s thread that Federer has now spent 500 weeks in the top 10.

Furthermore, as JediFed notes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
February 17th of 2013 will be 10 years in the top 5. The last one to achieve this was Lendl.

He's had the best run since Sampras' 10 years 10 months in the top ten, missing a week at 7, which is best in the modern tour era.

Lendl was in the top 5 for just a little over 10 years consecutively. Connors had a run from September 26th of 1973 to May 5th of 1986 in the top 5, a span of 12 years 7 months, which is the open-era record.

Last edited by ApproachShot : 03-05-2012 at 04:35 PM.
ApproachShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote