MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Washington 4, Tulsa 3. UW plays Louisville on 3/3 and Tulsa v Louisville on 3/4

View Single Post

Old 03-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
country flag darklucia

darklucia is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Washington 4, Tulsa 3. UW plays Louisville on 3/3 and Tulsa v Louisville on 3/4

I feel like they are about as good as last year, which is saying a lot considering four of the players are relatively new (Manthou played a few #6 matches last year). I can't say enough how impressed I am by everyone. It's great to see that it's due to some local talent. The crowds are bigger this year because Egger, Manthou, and Kamisar are all from 1 hour or less away.

McMorrow is pretty solid all around. He doesn't have a ton of power (a lot of the #1s he faces have more power than him) but he's not a moonballer. He's a great athlete and can spend time just retrieving if he has to, but usually he works the baseline trying to get an attackable shot. He has a bit more power on the forehand side but he has a solid two-handed backhand and one-handed slice which he uses to change the pace. He will also change it up and chip and charge. His serve is decent but not the greatest so he rarely serves and volleys.

Pretty much the few times I have seen him down in a match are when he is either getting overpowered (opponent too good or perhaps sometimes letting the other player dictate a bit too much) or he is missing too much for his liking (he can get quite irritated when that happens).

Alright, off to watch Louisville and Tulsa. Expecting Tulsa to win. Louisville is really feeling the loss of last year's seniors. I agree with you on Stiefelmeyer.
darklucia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote