MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Federer rejects Nadal's invitation to play exho for Nadal's foundation after Wimby

View Single Post

Old 03-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #63
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer rejects Nadal's invitation to play exho for Nadal's foundation after Wimb

From Rog's presser after the final in Dubai:

Quote:
Q. We heard yesterday that you refused to play an exhibition against Rafa in Spain in July. What were the reasons for saying no?

ROGER FEDERER: I didn't refuse. Don't place words in my mouth. I'm not saying you are, but I don't want that word going around Spain. I was excited about the idea. I mentioned dates I could do it. It was difficult to find the right dates. I don't know the latest actually. It might still happen. Might not. Maybe Rafa will do it with a different player.
But I have a busy schedule, and I think they were looking at a date between Wimbledon and the Olympics. I just felt it was a tough date, the one he gave me, so I don't know what exactly he is.
But maybe we've stopped talk or we're still talking. I'll see him in a few days and who knows if we'll all of a sudden have a solution or not.
I wouldn't be surprised if there'll be a solution found after all.
He sounds rather touchy about that 'refused', so I guess he really wants to do this. Hopefully they will be able to find an appropriate date for it, as in between Wimbledon and the Olympics is indeed the worst timing imaginable.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 03-04-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote