MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 03-04-2012, 02:50 AM   #536
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GugaF1 View Post
Wow, I wrote my post because I had only read this thread until page 30 or so and I didn't see that Start the Game covered all the points that I had about Federer's game, sure in a more inflammatory Rafa fan way, but overall he is right about Federer style, which can't be considered really aggressive from 90s or early 00.

If you played Sampras, Edberg, Becker in anything remotely fast in a good day for them you would barely be able to see the color of the ball, as it would have past you by most of the time. With Federer, even in the fastest of conditions it wouldn't be the case, as he likes to rally, let you in points and gain a certain rhythm.

Sure he can be devastating, consistent, versatile with the right touch of aggression like he did with Hewitt in the US open of 2004. But guys like Goran, Becker's on a hot day you would barely be able to touch the ball. That's the difference in aggression in faster conditions.
Just because he stays on the baseline doesn't mean he's not aggressive.
If the only way to be aggressive is S&V, then Nole, Rafa and Muzz must be the ultimate moonballing pushers. (oh wait...)
Slice Winner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote