MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~

View Single Post

Old 02-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #1242
claudine140

claudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~

Moya Takes Fifth Title To Continue Form of 2011

Carlos Moya continued where he left off at the end of 2011 by winning the ATP Champions Tour event in Delray Beach, Florida and jumping to the top of the South African Airways Rankings.

Moya, 35, defeated former World No.1 Ivan Lendl 6-4, 6-4 in a fascinating battle of generations in front of a packed, enthusiastic crowd.

Having never played each other before, Moya and Lendl did not know what to expect and Lendl perhaps surprised his Spanish opponent by charging the net at every opportunity. The tactic worked for much of the opening set as the 52-year-old Lendl made light of their 17-year age difference. His serve and forehand were typically potent weapons, but Moya managed to stay with him and eventually seal a single break of serve. The second set went the same way to leave Moya holding his fifth trophy since joining the ATP Champions Tour a year ago.

“It’s the competition and the adrenaline of matches like this with a massive crowd that I miss about the Tour,” said Moya afterwards. “It’s great that I still have the chance to feel that on nights like this and it’s great that the Champions Tour can give me this feeling

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Claudine :bounce
claudine140 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote