MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 02-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #413
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
who said that federer is a fast court player when 11 of his 16 slams are on slow surfaces according to MTF's definition of what a slow surface is?

well nadal proved that he can adapt to different surfaces.....at 20 years old he demolished us open 2005 finalist agassi, AO 2006 finalist baghdatis both at wimbledon 2006 and lost in a close four setter in the final to fed who was a three time defending champion.....that's the earliest indication of what he is capable of on a tennis court even if it's not his beloved clay.....
If most of the slams he played in were considered as slow courts of course thats where most of his wins are going to be. He only has 1 out of 16 wins on the slowest slam so I really fail to see your point.

Beating Agassi 2006 and Bagdhatis are great arguments for a player "adapting".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Instead of portraying those two as one-trick ponies and Roger as the one, the only real magician, you mean?

The clay courts of Roland Garros have been made faster. You could also wonder if Roger, with his preference of faster surfaces with a low bounce, would have been as succesful in the 80s compared with his actual achievements in RG.
This is a line of thinking that can go both ways.

By focusing your argument on "Nole and Rafito", I feel that you're dragging the debate from one tardish extreme to the other.
I've only been talking about Wimbledon and Nole/Rafito's capacity to play old on old school grass. I don't see how your post is relevant at all besides just trying to post shit for the sake of it. Did I say Federer didn't benefit from clay getting faster? I'm not a Federer worshiper at all. I don't even like the guy. I'm not a person who watches his matches and calls every second winner of his "majestic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Of course he is, though he's too pompous to admit it

Ajde, etc.
Sorry Nole tards.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote