MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ladies, can it become a burden when a guy friend tells you he likes you?

View Single Post

Old 02-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #108
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies, can it become a burden when a guy friend tells you he likes you?

Hilarious contributions left and right in this thread for sure, but I for one will give my 2 cents seriously.

This is what I want to say, 2003:
I don't think you are asking the right question. Of course the ladies will feel awkward and weird if someone they get confessed to by someone they consider a friend.
The question you SHOULD be asking yourself is: are the feelings you have for the girl so strong that you cannot enjoy spending time with her as only a friend any longer? Because if that is the case, then sadly your friendship is already ruined (in the way that it will never be the same again, that is). And you will only torment yourself by keeping that stuff a secret for too long.

Yes, I have fallen in love with a female friend. I confessed, fully aware that she might not feel the same (not 100% sure though since there were certain signs). Eventually I got turned down.
Today we are friends again. Not as close as we once were (and I don't think we ever will be), but I still think it was worth confessing. How so, you ask? Because acting like I wasn't in love with her would have been too painful and, in the end, wouldn't have been fair towards her either since I was only pretending.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote