MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~

View Single Post

Old 02-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #1239
claudine140

claudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~

Moya, who finished the 2011 season ranked No. 1 on the Champions Tour, needed a third-set tiebreaker to defeat Pat Cash 6-2, 2-6, 10-2 in the opening match of the tournament, which goes through March 4.

“In the tiebreaker, I kind of woke up,” said Moya, who won 20 ATP World Tour titles before a right foot injury forced his decision to retire from the World Tour two years ago.

“My foot cannot afford me to play too much any more like I used to,” said Moya, who is 35 and 10 years Cash’s junior. “I think I’m still pretty fit.”

Moya commended Cash for his play, especially in the second set.

“When I’m 45, I hope I can be like Pat is right now,” said Moya, who next faces Michael Chang on Saturday afternoon in his second match of round-robin pool play. “He’s very entertaining to watch and it was great to see him and play against him. . . . We are former top athletes and we play for fun and make jokes, but we still want to win.”

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Claudine :bounce
claudine140 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote