MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Raonic: Gap between top 4 and youngsters not big

View Single Post

Old 02-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #24
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Raonic: Gap between top 4 and youngsters not big

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
I am. Look, obviously Raonis has huge serve and he can control most of his matches with them but his groundstrokes are not good enough to match the best.
Tomic has top 10 groundstrokes in my opinion (although most of the people disagree with this statement) and he has a touch and tennis IQ what you cannot teach and what Raonis doesn't have. Tomic's serve is big enough, needs to be a bit more consistent though. Raonis is faster than him at this point but it is just matter of time when Tomic is going to be faster.
Tomis troubled top 4 except Murray, but I bet he would trouble Murray a lot in a best of 5 match. I'm not his fan, I just think he is better than Raonic.
I agree, actually. Tomic has already had competitive best-of-5 matches against Djoker & Fed & on grass especially I think he could take one of the big 4 down.