MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Olympics 2012: Early Fireside Discussions

View Single Post

Old 02-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
country flag DemiCrayanhan

DemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympics 2012: Early Fireside Discussions

Here are some nice quotes from Fed on this year's Olympics. I still think he'd rather have his 7th Wimby than the gold medal.

“For our generation it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I may not be around when the next Games come round. I hope I am, it’s not like there aren’t other Olympics, but [2012] is just an extraordinary combination, to have the Olympic Games held at Wimbledon. That it happens during my career is pure luck. It’s at a time when I have a chance to do well over there and I’m very happy about that. Back in 2000, when I was 19, I made the run to the semis actually—the Sydney Olympics—and that was a big surprise. Obviously the [Beijing doubles] gold with Stan was amazing, kind of disbelief that after being so down after losing the singles and him helping me out to get fired up—and the same for him, he lost the singles and I fired him up—next thing you know we are in the semi-finals and we were close again to a medal. That was obviously the most emotional moment of my Olympic career. When you realise you have a chance to get an Olympic medal for your country, that’s always what you chase, but it’s also being part of the Olympic spirit. I look back at all these Olympic Games I’ve played and each one of them has brought me further as a person, made me very proud to represent Switzerland, and just try my utmost as a tennis player. I don’t need to fill every gap there is, you know—Olympic gold, Davis Cup. I try to do my best and if the win comes around, that’s great, and I will be so well prepared there won’t be any excuses. That’s all I can control, really, and if a guy plays better than me, that’s too good.”

The Yin-Yang of Tennis

"Seemingly contrary forces which are not only interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, but only give rise to each other in turn."
DemiCrayanhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote