MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Whats harder running a marethon or playing 5 sets over 6 hours?

View Single Post

Old 02-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #62
country flag indianabones

indianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats harder running a marethon or playing 5 sets over 6 hours?

I haven't played tennis in my life, have played some squash and I do feel some cramp in my arm after about 10 mins. Given how hard these guys were hitting ball well after 5 sets, I cannot begin to imagine how fit they are and how demanding the contest was on their stamina and endurance.

I would much rather run a marathon, even if took me over 4 hours, than to play tennis for 6 hours because of the amount of energy you'd have to put into practically every shot from the baseline.

I said this to my brother when we were watching the AO final, I think we were watching not only a contest between the top 2 in Tennis, but we were watching a contest in my opinion between to two most athletic and fit men on earth.
indianabones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote