MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Europe/Africa Group 1: Daniel Evans (GB) def. Lukas Lacko (SVK) 6-3, 7-5, 7-5

View Single Post

Old 02-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #21
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Europe/Africa Group 1: Daniel Evans (GB) def. Lukas Lacko (SVK) 6-3, 7-5, 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Dan wins a 5 setter vs Klizan to win the tie for GB. Amazing scenes there.
Incredible! Absolutely incredible!

Two astonishing performances this weekend, to beat two seasoned pros in and around the top 100.

And, as I said in the DC thread, the best Davis Cup performance from Hutchins and Fleming imo as well.

What a win! Without Murray, the tie wasn't lost. But it was hard to see how we were going to win three points overall.

I think a lot of credit should also go to Leon Smith and the rest of the team...evidently they prepared extremely well for this tie (as I'm sure they had done for the previous ones), and they are saying/doing something to instil direction and belief in our players. It would have been so easy for Evans to lose heart after being pegged back by Klizan, but he found a way through. A complete contrast to previous ties before Smith took over.

Genuinely the best tie I can think of since the height of the Henman and Rusedski years. Well done!
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote