MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - DC Round 1: Isner defeats Federer 4-6 6-3 7-6 6-2 (USA leads 2-0)

View Single Post

Old 02-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #245
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC Round 1: Isner defeats Federer 4-6 6-3 7-6 6-2 (USA leads 2-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peRfect-Tennis View Post
Bad bounce or no bad bounce Fed shouldn't be losing to Isner!
The days that Fed used to easily kick any opponent (bar Nadal) to Kingdom Come are behind him. And a guy who even managed to push Nadal to five sets on a likewise surface surely isn't a 'mug'.
I might get some shtick for saying this but I cannot help but feel that the Swiss team might well have underestimated their opponents for a bit. Not just Fed against Isner, but Wawa against Fish as well, as Fish hadn't been doing well lately at all (his AO performance was )...
It's cost them dearly but well... human behaviour.

Quote:
But it's Davis Cup - who cares!
I surely don't. Never had anything with DC personally, the only good thing about it is seeing best-of-five matches again.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote