MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - How can a player be "tired" after 2 days rest?

View Single Post

Old 02-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can a player be "tired" after 2 days rest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri89 View Post
Well, I think you made a wrong comparaison with cycling and running.
I will just answer on one thing : in tennis, you can be tired physically of course, but also mentally. You need to be sooo focus at the ATP level, on each point, you have to come with a plan, you have to be ready to adapt it, handle the pressure in the decisive moment, accept the frustration... tennis is such an exhausted sport in the mental department. A 5 sets' match takes you a lot of energy in the mental department because tennis in more emotional than others sports.
You think running 42.2km or cycling for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours isnt mentally tiring?

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote