MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Drugs

Thread: Drugs
View Single Post

Old 02-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #83
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbrother View Post
So we're smarter, better, and more capable of rational decision than the populace? You have a mighty high opinion of MTF posters, then. To your latter point -- it's a slippery slope, when you take away one freedom, it becomes much easier to take away others. What if someone goes out, watches a movie, then commits violence. Should the movie be banned? Should controls be put in about who goes sees what, when, where? It's been discussed before.
being forced to drink in one of three cages at Melbourne's 2009 Big Day Out because myself and my Australian creed could not be trusted to consume alcohol while watching Neil Young or The Prodigy up close was perhaps the day my heart broke the most... without a doubt... after 6 years of life abroad, what had my country become...?

it is a slippery slope...

this scenario of course brought about by the inability of a large scale event to secure public liability insurance... so, to secure the insurance certificate 'the drinking' was segregated... you could drink, but you needed to consume in a cage...

how does this sort of infringement of civil liberties come about...? a litigious society that has lost it's common sense...

the point is this: shit is gonna happen no matter how much you wanna protect against it... there is gonna be risk in anything, especially in some fun stuff... so why not re-employ a bit of common sense and give that responsibility back to the people... because protecting a population by building a cage for them to do harm to only themselves is by far a more saddening occurrence than missing half an event because of legendary levels of intoxication....
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote