MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - French Presidential Elections 2012

View Single Post

Old 02-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #18
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French Presidential Elections 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
like what? the dissolution of the parliament in its current form? at least that's what i understood from your posts in other threads ("bureaucracy" etc.). what kind of bottom-up approach could be viable in reality? there's just no way around somebody being in the upper echelon trying to organise the huge bunch of different mentalities that is europe.

i think reforming actual policies should be the top priority.
The whole representative system needs to be torn down and built again from scratch.

Begin by creating single lists for the European Parliament for the whole EU, instead of the current system, where every country votes for their national lists from their national parties, which then get together with affine parties from other countries and form a parliamentary group. Create common European parties/lists and common European candidates.

Make the EU Commission, or however we'd like to call the reformed executive branch, directly elected. This of course problematic, since dual elections are typical of presidentialist or semi-presidentialist systems and the most common system in Europe is the parliamentary one. If my first suggestion is fully undertaken, we can let this one go.

The European citizens cannot feel attached to nor feel they are accountable for the decisions made in Europe and Strasbourg if they don't feel like they have elected the people who are supposed to represent them.

In short, make the EU a European Union with a European agenda, not a gathering of national sides with national agendas playing give and take.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote