MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Your favourite Djokowin in the past 12 months?

View Single Post

Old 02-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your favourite Djokowin in the past 12 months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
There have been quite a few memorable matches for the past 12 months. Some of them ended with him holding silverware, some were great purely for the drama and hte unlikely ending. Some for both. What was your favourite?
Mine was USO SF 2011. The unlikeliest of them all, Rodgie crying bitter tears of hatred, drive-by handhake, The Shot and the press-conference about junior-level play. It was glorious.
I loved many of the matches on the poll, but the USO SF against Federer was the sweetest for the exact reasons you mention. It was so good to see Federer shed the last remains of false gentility and show his true character. As you say, glorious.