MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Drugs

Thread: Drugs
View Single Post

Old 02-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #32
country flag EddceLLent

EddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
So you're saying they have control but they can't stop people buying drugs? You have any idea how ridiculous you sound? You're happy if you can make it hard enough for people to find a black market dealer to buy their stash. You think that's enough to prove the government is doing its job.
No lol. I'm not saying that at all. Read what I said - which is that the government controls legislation and so can prosecute people for possession of drugs. Prosecuting drug dealers is more a police issue than a government one. All i'm saying is that more people would have access to drugs if they were legal, i'm not making any kind of comment about the effectiveness of strategies implemented to prosecute those involved in the sale of drugs.

Quote:
You want evidence? Here you go:
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/2010/061.pdf
The US DEA has actually done a good job lowering illegal drug use in 16-17 year-olds from nearly 25% in 1999 to 16% in 2009. It's still a very high figure and has cost American tax-payers billions of dollars.
You claimed that it's easier for kids to get hold of cocaine than alcohol. These statistics show a higher percentage of kids have used alcohol than have other drugs. Cocaine isn't specifically mentioned - this doesn't back up what you originally said.

Quote:
If you can acknowledge the fact dealers don't care who they're selling to then it shouldn't be hard for you to figure out it's easier for kids to get illegal than legal drugs. A licensed liquor store has motivation to refuse underage customers. What motivation does a dealer have? Even you should be able to put two and two together.
Buying drugs from a dealer is pretty much the only way to buy drugs. There's easier ways to get alcohol than over the counter - get someone else to buy it for you, steal it from parents at home, i'm sure a lot of parents actually allow their kids to have alcohol knowingly anyway. Your own statistics show alcohol usage rates are higher than drug usage rates!!

Quote:
No I don't know your background, nor do you know mine. But let's be honest, I don't need to know your entire background and history to tell you're totally ignorant on this issue.
Lol! The difference is that you've made assumptions about me without knowing. If ever there were a sign of ignorance...