MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #415
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5

I have to say I also didn't think it was a high quality match.
I don't think two defensive players going against each other often makes for entertaining watching. Anyone remember that Simon Monfils match with the 50+ shot rallies last year?

In this case, for large parts of the match, both players were totally off the boil. Novak wasn't doing his usual dictating from the baseline and instead was basically pushing. Murray was so far off form in the first set that Nole somehow won it...
Novak looked like he was ill, and was playing at about 70%. Murray is playing more offensively than usual, but still not doing much with his court positioning, and still too liable to lapse into 10m behind baseline scrambling.

This makes the Djoko-Nadal USO final 2011 look like vintage all-court attacking tennis at its best (instead of the WTA serving, baseline defense showcase that it was).

I will get flamed for having an opinion other than 'zomg dat match was 5 hrs lol EPIC'.
Slice Winner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote