MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5

View Single Post

Old 01-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #408
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic ice cube View Post
I'm under no illusion to think that if it goes into a long fifth set that it would automatically qualify as an epic match. I honestly think that this was a high quality game that was extremely tight. It was compelling to watch. I don't see how you can justify saying it was shit up until the fifth, but maybe you have your own reasons. It was certainly better than the other semi anyway.
How can you be serious and say it was a high quality match is beyond me. I will again quote someone from the livescores thread who said "Highlights from the 1st set should be 20 seconds of black screen". Up until 6-3 2-0 Murray was not even there mentally and he couldn't find his shots. Even worse, Nole didn't even do anything to get that lead. When Murray finally decided to play, Djokovic's poor stamina (which later in the match magically improved) got exploited. Third set was full of Murray's choking when it was obvious (or at least most of people thought so) that he should easily take the set due to Djokovic being injured or whatever. 4th set was a complete turnaround with Murray becoming the poor one giving up the set, with Djokovic slightly improving and finding his rhythm.
I really struggle to see how can that qualify for a quality match, even more considering the players' rankings and that it was a slam semi-final.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote