MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Chris Bradnam

Thread: Chris Bradnam
View Single Post

Old 01-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #52
country flag Maxon Tutnplok

Maxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chris Bradnam

I grew up watching tennis on Eurosport in the 90s when it was usually just David Mercer and Frew MacMillan, and they are by far my favourite combination, just some good old-fashioned humour and great knowledge of the game. I really wish they'd use Mercer more, and Frew is simply awesome, funny as hell for an old guy too, without even trying.
Jo Durie is great for WTA matches, and I agree that she and Simon Reed have great chemistry. Simon isn't really THAT bad, he tends to get over-excited and can spill some gibberish tennis-wise, but he is at least good at commentating, has a good technique and can lead a normal conversation without sounding like a baffoon.
On the other side of the spectrum..... the combination of Bradnam and Wilander. Bradnam really comes off as retarded, he is just unbearable and especially with Mats, acts like his lap-dog. I'm always pissed off when he's calling a big match, he just ruins it for me.
Mats may just be a drinker or something, he finds it really hard to control the things that come out of his mouth. Especially when calling Roger's matches, I always get the feeling he has very little respect for him, he always finds a way to implicate that Federer really doesn't have any balls and that he just lucked out with his success. But sometimes he does say hillarious things, so he can be useful for comic relief.
Maxon Tutnplok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote