MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Jack Sock

Thread: Jack Sock
View Single Post

Old 01-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #65
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jack Sock

Sock and Smyczek upset seeds to advance into Quarterfinals

Quote:
“I stayed on it, played every point hard and got the win,” said Sock who took out No. 5 Michael Yani, 6-1, 6-1 today in the second round. Sock holds a No. 380 rank teamed with Melanie Oudin to win the 2011 US Open in mixed doubles title.

“Jack’s a good player,” said Yani who is currently No. 177 and qualified for the US Open and reached the semifinals of the grass-court ATP event in Newport, Rhode Island as a qualifier last year. Yani, who was born in Singapore, played collegiately at Duke University. “He’s got a huge serve and a huge forehand. It just wasn’t my day out there.”

“I’m hitting the ball pretty well right now,” said Sock who kicked off 2012 by winning his second career USTA Pro Circuit title at the $10,000 Futures in Plantation, Florida – the year's first event. “I feel pretty good about the game right now and look forward to playing Go [Soeda].”

Sock will battle No.1 seed Go Soeda from Japan tomorrow. Soeda is the highest ranked player in the tournament at No.99.
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote