MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - HELP STOP SOPA AND PIPA (the Thing That Will Kill Freedom Of Speech For Us Citizens)

View Single Post

Old 01-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #51
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP STOP SOPA AND PIPA (the Thing That Will Kill Freedom Of Speech For Us Citize

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
please tell me how in earth are you gonna stop online piracy without constraining freedom severely?
By arresting the pirates, maybe? As has just happened to Mr. Dotcom in his New Zealand hideout. It is the online pirates who actually restrict our freedoms, by making it necessary to take measures to stop them. I think it is a selfish attitude to just say let the Mr. Dotcoms steal billions from other people as long as I can get a couple of bucks worth of stuff for free.

By the same reasoning, I gladly go through airport security. It constricts my freedom, but I find it preferable to allowing unrestricted terrorism, as if that would make my life any freer. Sure, I would like to go straight from check in to the boarding gate without anyone ''severely constraining'' my freedom to carry a stick dynamite in my underwear (teethee), but I don't think it would make me feel any freer, just more vulnerable.

Last edited by buddyholly : 01-21-2012 at 01:11 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote