MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - western women converting to Islam

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2012, 03:47 AM   #28
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: western women converting to Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Aren't you the exception though? From my (perhaps limited) experience, whenever a non-Muslim marries a Muslim the non-Muslim usually converts to Islam, most often because he/she has to. But I'm interested in hearing about your experience; do share.
without claiming expertise, isn't the same for all religions really? if you want to marry in a Catholic Church you and your couple will be required to convert to Catholicism (if they're not already).

if you want to marry in some sinagog (or whereever it is where the Jews get married), you'll have to convert to Judaism

why should we expect Islam to be different?

i think the real matter is that a lot of people assume all Muslims are totally driven by their religion. needless to say, that's far from being a reality. to that extent, one can easily cite the example of marat safin who is a Muslim and yet doesn't seem too compromised with a life of religious fervor.