MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - western women converting to Islam

View Single Post

Old 01-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #23
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: western women converting to Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
I'm Muslim and my wife is Christian I certainly never forced her to convert, even though she has offered to.
I'm confused too.

I surveyed a number of sites, but was unable to find a simple answer to the question, "Does Islam permit a Muslim man to marry a Christian woman?'

Maybe you can help. Did you have a civil marriage or were you married by an Imam who knew your wife was not Muslim?

For me as an atheist, the whole thing about converting when marrying just illustrates the irrelevance of religion. One would think a particular religion should be something someone should come to after some thought. But it just seems to be a cultural convenience now.
If your wife has not converted freely then she must believe in her Christianity. But she seems willing to throw that away for the sake of conformity.

Maybe I should just ask abraxas.....

Last edited by buddyholly : 01-07-2012 at 10:07 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote