MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

View Single Post

Old 12-27-2011, 05:19 AM   #55
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingiskingfineon View Post
Shinoj watch Nadal from Hamburg 2008 to the Olympics that year and tell me that many players can beat that Rafa

Watch Federer from Wimbledon 2006 to Australian Open 2007 and tell me how many player can beat that Federer.

We can go round and round with this. No one stays in their peak forever. This crap that fans and pundits talk about beating a guy "at his best" is bull. It is not really that simple.

Nadal did have a "peak" and Shinoj doesnt know what he talking about. He peaked from clay season 2008 and there he was near unbeatable. But most great players at their best are near unbeatable because usually playing their best involves in a big way not letting the opponent play his best. Which is why you hardly see matches in which both great players play to their maximum best.