MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Highest ATP ranking (national records)

View Single Post

Old 12-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #16
country flag mcarvalho

mcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Highest ATP ranking (national records)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnetswill View Post
It's hard to find any information about him. Here's an article in Portuguese: http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1qd...sources/22.htm

Don't know how far he actually got at the tour level back in the day. Some other website said he played David Cup and did TV commentary
It's the first time I read something about that player.
With 60 years in 2010 and having left the tennis at 19, this means that he ended his career in 1969. At that time there was no ATP ranking, which began in 1973. Anyway I doubt this news is correct. He does not appear in the tables of the U.S. Open or Roland Garros of 1968 and 1969. And if he was really good at this time, his story was certainly well known in Portugal, which does not happen.
mcarvalho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote