MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2011 Schedule & Ranking

View Single Post

Old 12-13-2011, 05:40 AM   #132
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2011 Schedule & Ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
I'm a little confused, what sort of tournament is this, not the name but the type? Isn't the Interclub already over and his club lost?
Yes, Gilles' Club lost the interclubs.

TC Paris - Villa Primrose : 0-4

Simple n°1 : Michaël Llodra (Primrose) b. Gilles Simon (TCP) 6/3, 5/7, 6/4
Simple n°2 : Jérémy Chardy (Primrose) b. Julien Benneteau (TCP) 6/4, 7/5
Simple n°3 : Steve Darcis (Primrose) b. Marc Gicquel (TCP) 4/6, 7/5, 6/3
Simple n°4 : Benoît Paire (Primrose) b. Marco Chiudinelli (TCP) 6/4, 6/4

As Primrose had won all four singles, the doubles became obsolete.

The Open de Caen is normally a tourney for lower ranked French players and even amateurs, but as it happened in the past, the French elite or part of it sometimes also takes part. This year the tournament director was particularly lucky as he got Richard, Gilles, Llodra and Clément. So it was a strange mixture of a more or less amateurish tournament, with Llodra and Clément entering at the QF stages, while Richard and Gilles only entered at SF level.

My guess is that they are at different stages of their prep season and want some match-play in between to see where they stand. So whatever the outcome, I would not take the results too seriously.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote