MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - TT changes 2012

Thread: TT changes 2012
View Single Post

Old 12-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #39
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TT changes 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by keqtqiadv View Post
- Two-day round (mostly for increased qualifying draws): Should a LL replace a player/team who has a bye to the second round but doesn't send picks for any of the rounds?

I meant in special cases when both first & second rounds are played on the same day, which was the case when this topic was raised. There wouldn't be any additional picks to be received.
Then yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by keqtqiadv View Post
Our standard qualifying draws have 16 players each. The increased draws have 32 players, who must win three matches to qualify.
Futures are fine then

Regarding the points that have been discussed will there be a vote to decide whether the rule is changed or not ? Also I wanted to hear more opinions regarding this

Quote:
- TB rules (Shootout/PTS, etc)
I would prefer to cancel the shootour rule and use the TB system like in TF. I think a winner of the match should be decided by who was better. Now we have that if A posted the OOP I would have won if B posted it I would have lost. The 2/1 2/0 rule in TF makes more sense. If still tied then the PTS should be considered. However I think if a match ends 63 64 and I have it 63 64 and another 64 63 I should win. I think it actually makes a difference if you hit the exact score in the exact set or not. The GD rule is fine as it is.

-LEs for SEs

I think LEs shouldn't be allowed a SE. For example if I played in lowCH and reached the final and commited for lowCH the following week, I would withdraw and get a SE in the highCH that week and probably take someone's place.

-Using same points as ATP

Last edited by abollo : 12-15-2011 at 07:51 AM.
abollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote