MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Was Laver´s 69 season best in open era?

View Single Post

Old 12-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #48
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was Laver´s 69 season best in open era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaFed2005 View Post
Laver played back when only the biggest of nations even played tennis. I would not really have called tennis a WORLD sport back in 69. But that is my opinion. I just feel that the only people who really played were either English or Australian or American. Again its my opinion... just writing my 2 cents. I did not exist in 69 so I can't really say how the quality of play was. I started watching tennis when Agassi and Sampras started playing.
Much of what you say it ture, but the fact is Laver played and won against the best players of his era and all-time great players. There was not the variety of Nations but there were very good players from South America and Eastern Europe playing then too.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote