MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 12-09-2011, 02:11 AM   #186
country flag Matt-TennisFan24

Matt-TennisFan24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-TennisFan24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-TennisFan24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-TennisFan24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-TennisFan24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-TennisFan24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-TennisFan24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-TennisFan24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-TennisFan24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-TennisFan24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-TennisFan24 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speed up the Courts

^^^^^ Great post masterclass.

I agree with your point. Changes need to be made, but how long will it take for them to realize this?? The ATP seems to be in a good position with their players and tour, Federer, Nadal and Djokovic (this year) have made the tour all-marketable these last years for them. It's getting so much interest by common people...

So I guess nothing will happen, only until the players actually start to complain. Heck, they managed to change the USO schedule just by uniting together, why not make another union to get the surfaces sped up (or slowed down in RG's case). Thing is, I'm sure players like Djokovic, Murray or Nadal are fine with it, so I doubt they would complain. But why not Federer, Del Potro, Tsonga and Fish fighting to make the change? They should do it, since their game would be so much better with faster surfaces.

As in many things in life, we need to find a balance. Don't speed up ALL courts, but let's speed up some of them. Let's not favour all offensive players, but let's not favour all defensive players either. I know it's difficult to get this balance, but I just hope that in 20 years we will have made a progress about this.
Matt-TennisFan24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote