MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 MTF Predictions for Canadian Tennis

View Single Post

Old 12-04-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2012 MTF Predictions for Canadian Tennis

Let's make our 2012 predictions for Canadian tennis here - and try and be more accurate than last year

Here are mine - I see 2012 as a good season overall for Canadian tennis, but with far fewer breakthroughs than this year. It will more likely establish most of our guys at the level they are currently at. My guess is if anyone builds up his ranking the most, it will be Peter.

Davis Cup
We will lose a close tie to France, but win the playoff and stay in the World Group

Milos Raonic
Will finish the year ranked 24 and establish himself in the top 30. Will have some trouble defending all the early points from the AO and San Jose and Memphis and have his ranking drop but win another title during the summer hardcourt series as well as one indoor tournament at the end of the year. Will additionally reach at least one GS Round of 16 (US Open) and one semi-final for a Masters level tournament (Cincinnati). Will have a strong Olympics but just fail to get a medal.

Vasek Pospisil
Will crack the top 100 and finish the year ranked 75. Will suffer early disappointment by not qualifying for the Australian Open but will consistently improve and establish himself at the ATP level. Will partner with Nestor to win a bronze medal at the Olympics.

Frank Dancevic
Will benefit from moving to Europe as a base and finish the year ranked 105 gaining entry to the 2013 AO. Frank will qualify for more GS and have some nice results on the challenger level but will battle health issues again and find it hard to consistently win matches at the ATP level. Will make up with Tennis Canada and return to Davis Cup play.

Pierre-Ludovic Duclos
Will find it hard to improve his ranking and drop to 320 by year end. Results will be better on the doubles circuit.

Peter Polansky
This will be Peter's comeback year. He will finish 120 after qualifying and winning a match at the Australian Open and improving his consistency at the challenger level.

Erik Chjovka
Will also find it hard to improve on 2011 and finish 289 in the rankings. The step up to challengers will prove difficult and Erik will find more success on the futures level.

Steven Diez
Will see slight improvement and finish the season ranked 265. Will have some solid results on clay challengers and futures but wont make enough of a leap to get to the ATP level.

Phil Bester
If he can stay healthy will crack the top 200. But I unfortunately think he will suffer another injury but will finish the season strong at US challengers - one of which he will reach the final.

Filip Peliwo
Will continue to improve his results and firmly establish himself as a promising future talent for Canadian tennis

Daniel Nestor
Will have a good season again, punctuated by a strong Olympics and bronze medal. With more chemistry with Mirnyi they will win Wimbledon.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote