MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

View Single Post

Old 12-03-2011, 01:11 AM   #2246
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Grobschnitt, great find Karin, didn't know them
Roger Dean made their album covers?
Grobschnitt is a genuine German ProgRock LEGEND from the 1970-1980's.

Very much *mocked* back in those days, as they were an obviously very heavily Yes/Genesis-inspired combo (in contrary to what's very often stated, they were/are NOT "Krautrock" like bands as Amon Duül, Eloy, Guru Guru, and the like - nope, just pure classical, symphonic progrock) - and also mocked because of singer Mr. Willy Wildschwein's massive German accent. Pretty lame imho.
The design of Rockpommel's Land's 1970's album sleeve was as much a rip-off of Roger Dean's works as it was a tribute.

There was a good reason for me to travel all the way to Dortmund last year to finally be able to witness a complete live version of the lovely Rockpommel's Land - review over here - .
So funny to see that quite a few of these 'old' guys still being active on stage - and dear old Mr. Wildschwein's voice (in his 60's now!) is still to-die-for - and their sons having joined in with this 'gathering' as well. True hippie spirit.
Love these guys forever and cannot wait to see them again.

Well here's an example of yet another one of their classics:

GROBSCHNITT's Solar Music, live, 1978.

"GROBSCHNITT

war, ist, und bleibt eine einzigartige und ganz besondere Band in der deutschen Musikszene, die sich jeder Vorstellung entzieht und in kein Klischee pressen lässt."

Word. Friggin' fantastic. LEGENDS of the GAME!
Sheez, performing live in Hagen with an orchestra, June 2012. Gonna get me the tickets, yesssss!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 12-03-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote