MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Donald Young

Thread: Donald Young
View Single Post

Old 12-02-2011, 08:02 AM   #888
country flag Rob_C

Rob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Donald Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanstallion View Post
And now, after his amazing Asian Fall swing, he has gave up his coaching with the USTA, and went back to being coached by his Mom.

Horrible horrible move if you ask me!! Lets count the time until he asks for help from the USTA again!?? ugghhh.....
I definitely agree with you here that it's a bad move developmentally speaking. But, the more I thought about it, the more I think it has less to do with tennis, and maybe more to do with finances.

As of the end of this yr, he still didn't have a racket sponsor, and he's no longer under contract with Nike, so that's what I think was the reason for the split. A full time coach is gonna be separate room & board on the road, plus travel expenses, plus probably a base salary & a % of winnings, along with maybe bonuses for certain milestones reached.
Rob_C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote