MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

View Single Post

Old 11-24-2011, 01:30 AM   #2234
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

How about some genuine symphonic Opera Metal?

Therion, a Swedish band I've had the pleasure of seeing performing live many times, and quite a few of their albums are absolute classics within the genre, namely, Theli, Vovin, Secret of the Ruins, & Live in Midgard. Just to name a few.
Even more, their live shows are always just so much fun to watch!

Here's a live version of "The Wine of Aluqah"

And, from that same festival - "The Rise of Sodom and Gomorra"

Symphonic OPERA metal, yay man, great!!!
(I was there. Yes, these are live recordings, the band is just fantastic live. Then, and still.)

BTW, that red-haired 'fat' lady singing the solo part at 2:50? That's the lovely Mrs. Sarah Jezebel Deva. One of the greatest female voices I've ever heard, especially live. She never fails to deliver.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 11-24-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote