MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Religious Debate Thread : "Misogynistic" passages in the Bible etc

View Single Post

Old 11-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #129
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Misogynistic" passages in the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
I think that you've been talking to the more extreme believers a bit too much.
doesn't matter who I'm talking to, you didn't say where I was wrong

Quote:

I can only say that many christians I know do make room for gays in this world. Yes, perhaps that's cherry-picking. I can understand that viewpoint (esp. if your viewpoint is static as well). I don't quite agree with that, though. If it makes them fake christians in the eyes of many, fine. I don't think that such matters are that static and absolute.

I don't view what the early popes said about real or fake catholics as relevant. Popes are humans, flawed just like the rest of us. (heck, I don't view what the current pope says as relevant but I'm an agnostic and no longer a practicing catholic anyway)
this is not a matter of opinion, it's straight forward logic, if the God of the Bible and his prophets thought and preached homosexuality is wrong, you either follow them which means you believe what they believe or you don't, not so hard is it?

now if one thinks the God of the Bible is wrong in condemning them and not giving them their equal rights, it's hypocritical to keep pretending they accept the Bible as the truth and claim that they follow it

Quote:
No.

No offense but didn't you push the "reply" button a bit too quickly here?
no

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, Islam recognizes Jesus as a prophet but NOT as the messiah. Hence, it's not christianity. "Christ" means, "the anointed one', the "messiah".
The Bible has many prophets but only one messiah.
you are mistaken, you should learn more about a subject before making statements on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masih

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_view_of_Jesus
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote