MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Religious Debate Thread : "Misogynistic" passages in the Bible etc

View Single Post

Old 11-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #123
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Misogynistic" passages in the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Most of my family, even if they do consider themselves catholic, believe in gay rights, are critical towards the pope
this is a common word play in our civilized world in the efforts of good natured religious people to have the best of both worlds, people make their own religion and their own god inside them according to what feels "right" to them, they might "consider" themselves catholic, but that won't make them one, they aren't adhering to the tenets of their faith anymore

there is no room for gays in the Bible, no prophet respected gays or addressed them with any form of respect, on the contrary they were always condemned and punished, and critical towards the pope? would the pope have called those who defied him catholics when christianity was still fresh?

religious teachings and morals have evolved tremendously to catch up with the evolution of morals and human rights in civilized societies to remain acceptable and relevant, what we call "extreme" is simply people who are serious about their faith and follow all the teachings without turning a blind eye on what is considered "bad" in our societies now

but we don't call a spade a spade nowadays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Edit: Catholicism is part of christianity. To say otherwise is dumb. The word christianity contains the word "christ" as in Jesus Christ. So, every religion where Jesus is seen as the christ, the messiah,...is part of christianity. In catholicism, Jesus is seen as the messiah, hence, it's a christian religion.
by that definition Islam is also part of Christianity.. I'm sure all Christians would disagree
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote