MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Religious Debate Thread : "Misogynistic" passages in the Bible etc

View Single Post

Old 11-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #63
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Misogynistic" passages in the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Believe it or not, I was actually once religious, around the time of my confirmation and a few years after that. But slowly doubt crept in and my views have changed. While I might be open to a vague notion of a deity (and I don't believe in that either), it certainly has nothing to do with any that the organized religions promote. I am still a member of the church for some personal reasons, though I plan to separate from it later on in my life.

But I think saying that "nothing will happen without an open mind" is a bit disrespectful towards some people (or perhaps I'm misinterpreting). I'm willing to bet there are hundreds that have really struggled and tried to find their faith but have "failed" and are now atheists. I've heard many such things in the US for example, where faith is such a big deal. Losing their faith there has been a tremendous process and involved a LOT of Bible studies etc. Are you saying that they have not approached the subject with an open mind?
That is a very good question. I will try to answer it tomorrow if you don't mind - been up for 30 hours straight as of now.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote