MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafa at the WTF 2011

View Single Post

Old 11-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #52
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafa at the WTF 2011

Astonished that people can't see what is going on. Yes, resutls wise it has been a good year for the most part, omit Djokovic and there isn't much to complain about. However, for those paying even the slightest bit of attention, the writing is on the wall.

Nadal finds himself completely unable to dictate the play at all right now. He is winning matches on name alone, little more than a spectator. He used to be able to out manouver players using his FH, like they were on a string, or even just hit a shorter angled FH winner to the line. These are pretty scarce these days. Obviously his BH has been MIA for a while and his movement has gotten visibly worse, most noticable in the decline of his passing shots. The two most alarming factors though, are the state of his serve currently and the seeming lack of any effort to make compensations for his form, instead just being content to run and feed shortballs.

I hope I am just being over critical and displaying a short memory, forgetting what came before the hardcourt season. Either way, prepare yourself for another defeat by Federer here.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote