MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Religious Debate Thread : "Misogynistic" passages in the Bible etc

View Single Post

Old 11-21-2011, 03:02 AM   #40
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Misogynistic" passages in the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjhb View Post
If he loves the world so much, then why does God allow disasters, famine, disease, slavery, suffering, etc?

To quote Epicurus and Hume: "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is impotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Whence then is evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
Those are a consequence of what Adam and Eve did. The whole creation degenerated. We, their descendants, and the animal and plant life must endure the consequences of "natural evil."

The vast majority of evil that scandalizes us, however, is what humans do to each other. And you can't blame God for that, no matter how much you try.

Why God permits evil to exist? Because without it there would be no faith. If He were to destroy evil immediately there would be no basis for faith, it would be all about knowledge and fear.

You can bet Djokovic's mom just screamed "Another king is dead" right about now - in the remotest corner - of her bathroom - followed by "The other one is buried." (from tennisplanet.me, following Madrid 2011 Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-4)
Aloimeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote