MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Dc 2011

Thread: Dc 2011
View Single Post

Old 11-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #370
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dc 2011

Have you seen it?

Quote:
During Tuesday's official announcement that the Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre in Vancouver would host the 2012 Davis Cup World Group tie between Canada and France, Tennis Canada unveiled a pair of provocative posters to promote the event. The Vancouver Sun reports that one featured Canada’s top player, Milos Raonic, with the tag line: "Hey France, I’ve got a 151 m.p.h. serve. Try returning that with a baguette."

Another poster has Canadian player Vasek Pospisil saying, "Hey France, Welcome to Vancouver. My hometown and your worst nightmare."

Tennis Canada’s Gavin Ziv said the arena will seat just over 4,500 and he hopes it will create a "loud and vibrant atmosphere while still remaining intimate. We’ve got to teach the people how it’s done around the world and we should do the same here. We are patriotic. We showed it during the Olympics and we can bring that here. Don’t come in with the mentality of ‘Quiet please.’ You’ve got to cheer for your country and make it hard on the other team."