MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ...

Thread: ...
View Single Post

Old 11-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #75
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eurosport Loses Roland Garros Tv rights

I always understood that BBC had RG and so had Eurosport, right? Now the BBC rights have gone to ITV and the Eurosport rights are been negotiated, right? So the ITV thing doesn't really concern Eurosport?

We're propably talking about British Eurosport. But as far as I can remember Eurosport has always shown so much tennis and one could imagine they would do anything in their power to keep RG also in the future. I believe it's a French company and of course tennis is huge there, so it's logical they want to invest in tennis. That's propably the reason why they have the WTA tour. There's really not much to have from the ATP tour.

I think it's quite harsh that the ATP always sells the rights to one company, because after all there are many channels who want to show big tournaments. I guess the ATP rights will be up again late 2013? It will be interesting to see if Eurosport might challenge for them? After all they have huge following in Europe.

I remember reading that AO will be shown on Eurosport for five more years, but 2012 will be the final US Open year. I actually doubt they have the power to extend that US Open contract.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote