MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ...

Thread: ...
View Single Post

Old 11-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #67
country flag merryploughbhoy

merryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eurosport Loses Roland Garros Tv rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddceLLent View Post
Though not on sports, they'd argue that the BBC have a monopoly, and in many ways they'd be right. You immediately say monopoly and people think badly of them but I really do think their product offering is good value for money (if you like football). Even though they've dominated the market it's not to say they haven't still innovated - with Sky+, then HD, anytime phone & broadband services, more and more channels, smaller and less conspicuous satellite dishes, online tv on demand. Admittedly I used to work for Sky, but I do believe they provide an excellent service.
The BBC's total coverage of all sport is worth peanuts to SKY's premier league revenue and profit alone. They then distribute that share of the profits very unevenly to the teams resulting in the same predictable league every year with teams unable to compete with others. Look at American sports leagues, hockey, football baseball and even basketball, A team can finish near bottom one year and win it the next, making it much more exciting for the fans because it's more of an even playing field thats not contolled by TV companies dictating clubs budget.
merryploughbhoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote