MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

View Single Post

Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #2213
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Rush
Oh man, what more can be said about these genuine legends?

I was at an international Rush fan meeting this past weekend, including a big screen sighting of a recording of their "Time Machine"-tour, which I attended in Rotterdam earlier this year. I think it was taped in Cleveland, USA, and will be released on DVD real soon. Man... unbelievable.

Most bands revolve around one true Master Genious, with his mercenaries being - of course - top class musicians. Rush, however, is so remarkable for still having the same old three guys playing and performing, and most of all, ENJOYING what they're doing - and ALL of them being genuine GOATs on their instruments.

All three of them immaculate musicians, even if they'll never reach those hights again like they did with truly masterpieces like 2112, A Farewell To Kings, Hemispheres and the like - watch them play live and you'll notice yourself having to search for your jaw not just below your feet, but below the balcony below you. It's what these guys are capable of, even now the most of them are pushing their 60's.

It's like a good friend of mine said, after watching their Rotterdam show this year - "Everytime I witness these guys playing, I feel like just dumping my instrument and *give up*. It's like watching and hearing a three-hour-plus MASTERCLASS."

Mind you, that guy is a fantastic bass player himself, conservatory level if not more.
But he's right.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote