MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Happy" Valley... Update: Paterno statue taken down

View Single Post

Old 11-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #60
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Happy" Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajk822 View Post
You didn't grow up in Pennsylvania, and clearly have never gone to a large university where there are large amounts of pride.

My uncle coached OSU's basketball team. My aunt works in the athletic department and my cousin is a student there. I've been to a ton of football games, did the junior marching band and junior Script Ohio. I know all the words to the fight song and Hang on Sloopy. My family has Buckeye DNA, if you will, and we all have great pride in our school, even the ones that weren't student there.

So hearing Jim Tressel being involved in the NCAA scandal was devastating. Jim did a lot for our football team, including helping us thrash Michigan about 7 times in a row. He admitted covering up the fact that his players were selling athletic merchandise, jerseys and championship rings for tattoos () and lying about it to the NCAA. He resigned for it and lost his job, the team had to forfeit wins. Make note that Jim Tressel's crime was a whole lot less serious than this Penn State child **** scandal, and yet I can't remember anyone rioting in the streets when Jim resigned.

Penn State students can be proud of their school while at the same time denouncing Paterno et al. for their crimes. The two are NOT mutually exclusive.

http://cleveland.sbnation.com/ohio-s...te-jim-tressel

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote