MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Happy" Valley... Update: Paterno statue taken down

View Single Post

Old 11-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #52
country flag Ajk822

Ajk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Happy" Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Michael View Post
Really? It's Joe Paterno and Penn State. I'll say it again. Paterno is the most influental man there. It's very naive to think he didn't know.

"How severe the actions that took place were"? Cat9 put it very good. There are just no excuses. The bottom line is he knew about a man, who was a involved in a organization with underpriviledged kids, and he was caught doing something inproper. Enough said.

Joe "would be LAUDED" if he would do the same thing any decent man would? Yes, like I said, some people are treated like gods.

When Sadunsky just keeps on poppin up at the campus day after day, week after week, year after year. Maybe even the great Paterno might wonder at this point; "hmmm, maybe the police doesn't know about this". Just a thought.

Who the hell cares about one football game when these things have happened??? Who the hell cares if a rich football coach is denied the opportunity to coach for one more game when these things have happened??? No one except of those so called intellectuals who are rioting.
There's no point arguing with someone who is in "HE HELPED SANDUSKY **** THE KIDS" mode. At least I learned that this week. Just last week people were saying Joe isn't involved enough to control his team. 70 players, and he wasn't involved enough. Now those same people are saying he knew everything and masterminded a cover up. Right...

Again, Penn State's students are doing plenty to remember the victims. I'll once again mention the candle light vigil that will have almost 10,000 students coming together in their honor. But we don't "get it" because we want to honor a man who for forty years made lives better. The "rich" football coach you speak of, makes 20% of what most football coaches of his caliber make. He's given more than half of his salary back to the school, including 4 million in one shot to build a library. Yes, that's a man I'd like to have the opportunity to say thank you to.